Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Little Fishergirl

You've heard the phrase "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." Well, what happens at grandmomma and grandaddy's usually stays at grandmomma and grandaddy's. They have been keeping Karlee on the 3 days that I work for 2 years now and have never taken a single picture of the fun they have. We gave them a camera the Christmas before Karlee was born and it's still in the box. They claim they don't know how to use it. It's a simple point and shoot! Well, that's not the case now that daddy has a new fancy phone. I worked a rare Friday last week (since I took Thursday off for egg hunts). Around lunch time, I received a text from Chip and this is what it contained:
Karlee trying to get the fish off the hook.

Chip usually eats lunch with his parents and Karlee. When he got to the shop, he found Karlee down at the pond with grandaddy, uncle Neal, and cousin Brady. He immediately started taking pictures. When I got home, he showed me all of them. All I could think about was "look at the dirt on her face, and her shorts are falling down below her diaper." To say that Chip was excited is an understatement. Fishing is his ultimate passion and the thought that Karlee might love it too just brought him pure joy.

Holding the little fish.


Thinking hard about putting the fish in the bucket.

Okay, I guess I'll put him down.

It brought Chip so much joy, that last Saturday after an Easter egg hunt, we stopped by Story's to buy crickets so he and Karlee could fish in our backyard. Those little brim must have been hungry because Chip and Karlee probably caught 20 and 1 little bass. Karlee (and her daddy) were full of grins from ear to ear!

Keeping a tight grip on the crickets.

Reeling in the first fish.



Chip trying to teach Karlee how to hold a bass.

Karlee decided she just wanted to kiss it!


I asked Chip the other night, "if this next baby is a boy, what are you going to do?" His response was, "he'll just have to stand by me and Karlee." Karlee is definitely a daddy's girl and I can't wait to see her fish more with her daddy at the lake this summer. I may need to read up on how to remove a fish hook from body parts!

No comments: