Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Friday Fun Day


AHHHHHH! Tax season is over! I feel so refreshed and not so tired anymore. I woke up Friday morning trying to think of something fun for me and Karlee to do since I didn't have any tax returns to work on. Well, an 8:30 am quick trip to Walmart turned out to be a not-so-quick trip. Karlee picked out which swimming pool she wanted and then had to help me carry it. When I say help, I mean all 21 pounds of her wanted to actually carry the pool with me. It was quite a sight! Well, no one was working in the garden area to check us out. So, we SLOWLY walked to the cash registers to find that the only ones open were in the grocery section (nope, not even self checkout was open in the general section). I was not about to continue this snail walk process all the way to groceries and back to the car. I found a nice lady putting out items in the pharmacy section and she opened one of those registers to check us out. I think she saw the frustration on my face!

The early morning trip to Walmart when no registers are open was not my only "bright idea" of the day. I thought Karlee would have fun sliding into the pool. So, my pregnant self drug her slide downstairs from the playroom and then down the back deck stairs to put it in her pool. I was about ready to lay down in the pool myself and cool off!



In true Karlee fashion, the fishing pole had to be used in the pool. She told me she was trying to catch and alligator!

Once the water was in and Karlee was playing and laughing like a hyena, I knew it was all worth it. She had a blast and I did too watching her face light up like a Christmas tree. Welcome spring and summer, the Baker girls are soooooo glad to see you.

No comments: