Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Karlee's Green Thumb

Chip is trying to see if Karlee's thumb is greener than mommies. We all took a trip to the new farmer's market on Opelika Road Sunday to let Karlee pick out some flowers to plant around the house. She has a huge vegetable garden that she loves to play in at her grandmomma and grandaddy's so Chip thought she would have fun watering plants at home too.

Karlee picked out the ones she wanted and daddy picked out some tomato plants and off to the house we headed to plant them. Karlee kept saying "look, my flowers!" the entire time she was helping her daddy. She was so proud of what she called the flower tree. It is definitely her favorite. (I sure hope "we" can keep it alive.)




She loved putting the dirt in the pots. She would just get one handful at a time and put it exactly where she wanted it to go in the pot. She was full of concentration! I then filled her watering can and said her job was to keep them watered everyday.






We all then moved to the front yard to plant a few things in the empty beds. Karlee was her daddy's shadow. Everything he did, Karlee was doing it soon after. I hope DHR doesn't consider shoveling child labor! She even had the foot on the shovel look like her daddy to get it to go down into the dirt. This child cracks me up!





P.S. This is also Karlee's first real ponytail. I can't get over how fast her hair is growing. I'm not cutting or trimming it again until after my brother's wedding in June. She is the flower girl so I want it long enough to curl!

No comments: