Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

A little horsing around

Karlee had RSV and strep last week and was extremely sick. After being couped up in the house, and since she was feeling so much better, I thought some outdoor fresh air would do her some good. I just had no idea that it was going to be so darn cold because the weather man was dead wrong on Saturday.

Karlee, my mom, my Granny, and I headed to Montgomery Saturday morning to watch my cousin Maggie perform at the State horse show. Her drill team from River Run Farm in Birmingham was the special entertainment at the show. Karlee adores Maggie, age 10, so I knew she would love watching her ride horses. I had to prepare Karlee that Maggie would have paint on her face and wouldn't look like herself. I wasn't sure if it would scare her that Maggie was painted like a skeleton for the routine.



Well, as you can see, no scary moments at all. Karlee knew it was Maggie and went right to her. My Aunt Andrea wanted to get a picture of Karlee on the horse. I looked at the big thing and thought, "Chip is going to kill me!!"





After that thought left my head, I was snapping pictures too and my mom was the one freaking out. When Hollywood took a step, my mom was grabbing Karlee to get her off of him. We got back in the truck to go inside the Coliseum to watch the show and Karlee thought we were leaving. She wanted to ride the horse again!!

Maggie's team performance was amazing. The age ranges on the team was 8-18 and you would have never known. They all were so in line and perfect. No wonder they have won so many awards with the routine. I really wanted to stay and watch the bare back routine but it was almost 1:00 and Karlee was starting to get stir crazy. Oh well, maybe next time. I already know that we will be attending more shows when they are close to our area. Karlee loved it!!

No comments: