Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to a sweet 2 year old!!

I am at a total loss for words today and kind of teary. I just can't believe the last 2 years have gone by as fast as they have. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was telling Chip we were finally pregnant. Both of us were so excited and could not wait for that 9 months to fly by so we could meet our child.

Well, here we are celebrating a 2 year birthday today. I'm so glad it fell on my off day. I spent Sunday night after Karlee went to bed decorating the eating area of our kitchen. I wanted Karlee to wake up knowing it was her special day.

The view from Karlee's doorway.


Checking out the big balloon!



A princess tiara for my sweet princess!



And, the rest of the day has been spent sliding, sliding, sliding! We finally have Karlee a playset of her own so we don't have to venture next door anymore to slide and swing. Since it's so cold out, we will add the sand to the sandbox when warmer weather comes around. I think the picnic table that's on the back will be used for lots of coloring and painting too when the weather changes.



I think the smile says it all!



The story behind the playset: I told Chip he had to have the entire thing ready to use by the day of Karlee's birthday. So, Chip called in the reinforcements of his employees and put together the center part at his office. I had in mind that I didn't want Karlee to see it until the day of her birthday. What was I thinking?? Around 7:30 in the morning on Friday, Karlee heard voices and went running to the window in the dining room. She instantly saw her Grandaddy and started calling his name. She didn't really notice what was going on until I finally let her go outside. She then wanted to slide before the slide was even attached! I convinced her to come back inside and we would slide later when it was all finished. We ate a quick dinner and Karlee was let loose. She played until just around 8:30 when I made her go inside for bath and bed. I told Chip that his questioning if the timing was right for this big playset was now answered!!


Karlee is telling Paul and her cousin Michael to hurry up!!

3 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

HappY BiRtHdAy!
Love,
Stirling

The Dilworth Family said...

Happy Birthday Karlee! We are looking forward to your party!!!

Love,
Thomas and Holland

The Mader's said...

Glad she had such a great birthday! It's hard to imagine how fast time flies by. I love the new play set! I want one! :-)