Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Project #2




I took a trip to Opelika Sewing Center today for more thread and came home with 15 colors. My total is now up to 20 so bring on the projects!!

I installed the Monogram Wizard today too and played with it a little. I'm taking a class on it February 19 and can't wait. My work is a little jagged around the edges but wearable. Since I was just starting out, I didn't know how to get the colors in sync. I had to change the thread 13 times for each color. It did the pink circle first, then I had to change to yellow for part of the K and then back to pink for the rest of the K. Then, I had to change to blue for part of the A then back to pink for the rest of the A. You get the picture. Very tedious!!! At least I got lots of practice at threading the needle. I can do that with a snap of a finger now. I wonder what I will work on next?????

4 comments:

The Reeds said...

You are going to be a pro soon! What a fun Christmas present! I love the pics of cute Karlee too:)

John Smith said...

That is quite lovely. How do you find the time? Can you organize my life for me? Please? I want to sew!

Brandy said...

When can I come over? Looks like you are having fun. I really do have 2 shirts that I want a single inital on, so let me know when you wanna play!

Ashleigh said...

Hey,
I got an embroidery machine too. Mine is very used, but functional. I need you to give me lessons!