Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hot weather and more projects

It was so nice outside Saturday it felt like spring time. Karlee ran around with no clothes on and we opened the windows to let the house air out. Speaking of running around, I totally forgot to mention on previous posts that Karlee has started walking. Well, little steps. The Saturday before Christmas, she took her first steps without holding on to something. Of course, she has done this every time that I don't have the video camera available. She walked from her present that Adam and Erin gave her to Erin. I was totally shocked. She just turned from standing at the slide box and walked like she has done it a million times. She takes three or four steps and sits to start crawling. I guess she realizes she's faster on her knees for now.



Sunday was project time again. I designed letters using the layer function of the Monogram Wizard. This function lets you create monogram with different fonts, sizes, colors, styles, pictures, etc. I just created a simple one color two size font to start with. I also made Mason Spratlin a burp cloth. The duck turned out so cute. I snipped the thread too close on the "o" in his name so it has unraveled. I'll be redoing it some time (I'm back at work now so my free time is gone).




Tonight I worked on a design. The result surprised me. It actually looks pretty good on the t-shirt and centered on all of my marks. The measuring part is the hardest part to me. But, I figure I can play with a $3 shirt from Target and not be out much money if it doesn't turn out like I wanted.

No comments: