Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Long work days...

I've survived being back at work for two weeks now. Boy does three months of work pile up! We had an employee quit the week before I started back and two people on vacation the week I started back. Talk about chaos. It still is hard leaving Karlee and I'm not sure it will get any easier now that she is developing such a fun personality. Her daddy is loving me being back at work because now he gets to see Karlee several times a day. His mom is keeping her and Chip's office is in her back yard (110 acres is a pretty big back yard!). Karlee has started holding her own bottle for short periods of time during feedings. Of course, I missed seeing her do it for the first time. Chip's mom is camera illiterate so we have no pictures from the past two weeks.

Karlee has realized that she likes to sit up and wants to do it all the time. I don't think it will be long before she's sitting on her own. The boppy pillow is turning into her back support and she absolutely loves it. She also is starting to enjoy the bumbo seat more. She weighed 10 lbs 11 oz last week but I swear she has gained a pound over the week. She has started eating more and it has our morning timing all off for work. Thursday morning she fed so long, that by 7:30 I still had not got her nor me dressed for the day. I had to be at work by 8:00 and still had to take Karlee to Chip's mom. Luckily, she came to my office to pick Karlee up to save me time. It's so nice to have that flexibility.


Chip is out of town until Sunday with Jay Galimore at a fishing tournament. Karlee and I are staying with my mom because my dad is out of town too. Karlee is doing well sleeping in other places besides her own cradle. Mother's Day weekend she spent Friday night in her Pack N Play at the lake and slept through the night. She spent last night in her crib at my mom's and woke twice for about 15 minutes each time. When she's ready to sleep, she just goes on out no matter where she's at. She gets that from me because I could sleep standing up if I had to. We both love our sleep.

That's enough for now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: