Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fun 4th Weekend

Our Independence Day celebrations started on Friday night at the Opelika fireworks. We picked up a pizza from Johnny Bruscos and had a picnic on the grass in front of Southern Union. Karlee crashed a birthday party since she knew everyone that was in attendance and played with all of the kids. She threw her frisbee with Chip and about knocked some people out with her "throwing". Madelyn crawled off the blanket about a dozen times and ate plenty of grass. She enjoyed watching her sister play too. When the fireworks started (at 9:00), I covered Madelyn's ears and she sat through the entire show without making a sound. Karlee decided to cover her ears too! She loves fireworks and didn't want them to end.








We headed to Chip's parents lake house on Saturday morning. We were pretty much lazy there and did a little swimming. Chip's dad got creative and rigged up a water station on the front porch for Karlee to play in. All he wanted to do was sit in the A/C since he's out in the hot sun all week long. Madelyn stayed indoors all day and crawled around everywhere. She eventually found the tupperware drawer and was content pulling out every piece for about 30 minutes.




That night, Chip did something he has been waiting a long time to do. Shoot fireworks with his child like he used to do with his dad. Now, I was a nervous wreck. With my mom being a nurse, I've been told way too many horror stories of fireworks shooting gone bad. Chip eased my mind when he pulled out sparklers first. I should have known he was hiding the big stuff in the bottom of the bag!









A few members of the Kirk clan came over to see our fireworks and Madelyn got to meet Anna Ruth for the first time. I know I've said Madelyn is chunky, but, Anna Ruth is 3 months and 1 day YOUNGER than Madelyn!



Sunday morning, we headed over to my Granny's lake place to hang out with my crazy family. There were people everywhere. Karlee had a great time swimming and playing with all the cousins. Lots of watermelon and BBQ was eaten! Madelyn even enjoyed her piece of watermelon. We had a band this year to celebrate a family friend's 40th birthday. I think the kids had more fun dancing than the adults!







And finally, on Monday the 4th, we headed over to the Dilworth's lake condo for a fun time with friends. The Galimore's were there and we enjoyed grilling, swimming, and lots of laughing. The "big" kids jumped in about 1,000,000 times and I think my "in air" pic is hilarious! At the end of the day, we all got dressed and headed back to Auburn. After dinner at Chili's, the Baker's headed home while the other 2 families headed to the Auburn fireworks. I had to work on Tuesday and Karlee had school. Getting to bed at a decent hour for the first time since Thursday night was my #1 priority!









The sign of a very fun, but very tiring weekend.



I hope you enjoyed your 4th of July celebrations as much as we did.

No comments: