Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Smocking Class Completed



I just completed my first smocking class. I like to think that I will start smocking some things for Karlee rather than buying them. But, I also like to think that I will be a stay at home mom one day and will have time to learn all the sewing I want to learn. In all actuality, probably neither of them will ever happen. A girl can dream though!!

My class project was a baby bonnet. I finished the smocking last night and just have the small sewing part remaining to complete. I am proud of my work. It definitely has some mistakes but all around not too bad for my first time ever attempting this. I have some blank inserts that I plan to start working on for practice (in all my spare time!). I would love to order a ready to smock outfit off EBay but I know I won't have time to complete that project with all the holiday monogramming/applique I have left to do. The next class on smocking I plan to take is picture smocking. Then, I can do all the pretty plates that I spend so much money on for Karlee.

No comments: