Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Grandparent's Breakfast



Today, Parkway Preschool had it's annual Grandparent's Breakfast. The day started off great with getting Karlee up and dressed with me by 8:00 (she's usually gone with Chip by 6:15 on the days I work so I have time to shower in peace!). We pulled in the parking lot at school and Karlee saw HIM. My dad (aka Granpa). She started kicking in excitement and waving and screaming "Granpa, Granpa". She usually goes to my mom like this in excitement but not today. She only wanted Granpa.

We walked in the classroom and Karlee did not want to leave her Granpa's arms, not even when Chip's parents walked in. Linda and Stanley both took her out of my dad's arms to give her a hug and Karlee immediately held her arms out for Granpa again.

I left before they started eating breakfast so I have no idea if she ever left his arms to play with the other kids. My mom is off work today so Karlee is going to her house after the breakfast instead of Chip's parents like she normally does on a Thursday. Karlee really loves both sets of grandparents but today she was a Granpa girl all the way. I know my dad just ate that up!!

No comments: