Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

I pick my battles!!



This precious child is definitely getting independent and becoming Miss Do It My Way Or I'll Pitch A Tantrum! When she woke up yesterday morning, I got her dressed and fed to head to Montgomery to do a little shopping at the Annual Holiday Market.
When I opened her closet to get her shoes, she ran to the door saying "shooooes!" When I didn't pull out the ones she wanted, she started pitching a Karlee fit. Tears instantly stopped when she had the shoes she wanted. I thought she just wanted to hold these shoes so I started to put on the shoes I wanted her to wear. The tears and fit started again and I realized she wanted to wear the shoes she picked out. Here they are:



I told myself that this just wasn't a battle I wanted to fight. Besides, we had the entire ride to Montgomery and I could change her shoes when we got there. To my surprise, Karlee let me change her shoes with no fuss. I think they were hurting her feet since they are two sizes too small and the pink one was on the wrong foot!! Another thing Karlee wouldn't let me fix that morning. She wanted the exact shoe she pointed at.

She played with the dogs while I was getting their water bowls filled. I think she was having as much fun making them squeak as the dogs were chasing the squeaking shoes!




We finally headed to Montgomery (in a big rain storm) and the day was great. Karlee saw Santa and I got some Christmas shopping done. It's so nice to look at cute clothes and know that I can make them now and not spend a fortune on them. Karlee is sporting my latest sewing class project. I'll be making matching pants this week!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

be glad she is picking out her OWN shoes. Rolley Len keeps bringing me pairs of shoes that dont match and harasses me until I put them on and walk around a while in them. usually one is really high heeled too. she always looks so satisfied though once she gets them on me. I feel bad telling her no.