Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Waste of time and money

I am so mad right now that I had to share this. I have seen photography work and actual printed pictures of work done by Crysten Martin. She had a family photo shoot on June 13 that a friend of mine told me about. We booked an appointment for 9:00 that morning. It was a nice overcast day (perfect for pictures according to Crysten). I was so excited because in the almost 17 months of Karlee's life, we have no color family pictures of us besides snapshots. We only have one black and white done by the amazingly talented Brooke Dilworth!

Crysten takes about 100 pictures, puts them on a disk, and gives a waiver for you to have them printed anywhere you want for $30 existing clients and $40 new clients.

A very muddy expensive outfit (Karlee was put in the creek for some of the pictures)and $40 later, this is what I got:



Don't adjust the screen. The pictures really are black!

What makes it even worse is the pictures were supposed to be Father's Day presents after they were framed. I don't recommend using this lady or the above pictures are what you may or may not get. I'm interested to see how the pictures of other people I knew having them that day turned out.

I guess I'll stick to the black and whites by Brooke because I know they will always be done professionally.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

OMG! Thanks for the warning!

John Smith said...

We have been going back to the Sears at the mall for ours. I believe the manager's name is Kayla and she has been awesome, but they are all inside the studio. She should have just had her baby so she may not be there for a little while though. She has gotten big smiles and good poses out of RL since her 6 mos pics.