Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Special Weekend

Chip's first Father's Day was such a special memory. Karlee and I gave him a fishing rod and reel and the Dr. Seuss book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. Chip was surprised about the rod and reel. Thanks to Jay Galimore, I got the right one. Chip sat and read the book to Karlee but she couldn't take her eyes off the rod. It's bright orange and very tall. Chip then started telling Karlee all about the reel and showed her how it went on the rod. He was telling her to get ready for the daddy daughter fishing tournaments they would be in and put her little hands on the reel and started pretending they had a fish. Karlee laughed and smiled like she knew exactly what they were doing.

When Karlee woke up Sunday morning I fed her and put her in our bed to play with her daddy. After a few minutes, she was back asleep on her daddy's arm. It was so cute. Unfortunately, my camera was dead so I have no pictures. When she woke up again, we headed to the lake for more fun. Chip and I are so fortunate to have both our families living here. We had great family time Sunday with everybody.

I even got presents on Father's Day because it was my birthday too. The big "28". My parents made homemade ice cream (my all time favorite thing in the world) and strawberry cake (probably a close 2nd to my favorite thing). All in all, it was a fun and special weekend.

3 comments:

The Galimore Family said...

Happy Birthday, Allyson!
Happy 1st Father's Day, Chip!

DeLine Family said...

So glad Chip's first Father's Day was a great one! Happy Birthday too...I should remember...mine is today & I remember yours always being close to mine!!!

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday, Allyson! I am glad you guys had a great day!