Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New School Year at a New School

Karlee started 3 year old preschool at Indian Pines Country Day School on Sept 12. She was so ready to get back in school (and I was equally ready!). Sending her to this new school for a short summer program was the best thing we could have done. Karlee LOVES Indian Pines and did so good on her first day. This is the first year she goes 5 days a week. I hoped she was still loving it by the end of the first week!

We walked in and found her project cubby and her backpack hook. She would not let me hang her backpack. She wanted to do everything herself! She then sat down and started coloring on the marker board. After snapping a few pictures, I said "Bye Karlee. I'll see you this afternoon." She then said, "Bye mommy. Now give me a hug and take Madelyn home with you." Well, I guess she was ready to get her day started (without me or her sister)!





When I picked her up at 12:00, she gave me the biggest hug and said she had so much fun. Of course she was full of sugar too from the pixie sticks they came walking out with!



We are already loving this new school year and the new school. Most mornings when I get Karlee out of the car, she says "I can do it by myself mommy." She takes her backpack and heads to the door. Of course I follow her inside but she makes sure I stay behind her. She hangs her backpack, finds her "name star" and places it on the schoolhouse to check in, and takes a seat all by herself. I'm still wondering when she got so grown. Time is just flying by.

No comments: