Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Early Morning Ritual

On the days I work, I have to get the girls out of bed and dressed to leave the house with Chip by 6:30. With gas prices so high, he takes the girls with him to his mom's house for the day since his office is next door to their house. It beats me having to drive almost to Loachapoka and back to my office in Opelika before 8:00.

I wake Madelyn up around 6:10 and give her a bottle. We then go in Karlee's room and wake her up together. This is one of the top moments of my day (and the reason I am posting it). Our mornings always involve lots of kisses, hugs, and smiles from all three of us (after Karlee rolls around and groans several times!). I then rush to get them dressed and out the door they go. Linda feeds them breakfast! I am very fortunate to have a mother in law that wants to keep them. I know they are both very well loved and taken care of (and spoiled completely rotten!).





Sadly, this ritual will end in a few weeks when Karlee starts back to school. Madelyn will leave with Chip and Karlee will stay home (and get to sleep an hour longer) with me so I can take her to school at 8:30.

No comments: