Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

The First Child

I brought Sable home when she was 4 weeks old in August of 1999. Having two kids in the house now, I have totally abandoned my first child. At least she's staying in the kennel inside right now since the weather is so frigid.

Karlee has been dying to go outside today. It's freezing cold, raining, and she has RSV. I think the poor child is tired of coloring and watching cartoons. To make her happy, I let Sable out of the kennel to play. I know, why is the dog in the kennel inside? The answer is because she sheds more than any dog should be allowed to shed. She can make the slightest of moves and hair just falls off in clumps. When Karlee was born, Sable had always been an inside dog. When Karlee got to crawling, Sable became an outside dog (and it broke my heart). I just couldn't keep the floors clean enough and Karlee's hands were covered in dog hair.

Don't get me wrong, we play with Sable on the back porch all the time and her and Karlee are big buddies. Sable has been protective over Karlee since the first week Karlee was home. This picture is still one of my favorites of all time. And, it shows how much Sable has aged in 3 years.



Karlee was sitting in front of Sable's kennel this morning. When I told her we could get Sable out and play, her sick little eyes just lit up. Her and Sable played chase all around the living room (mainly because Karlee was holding food!). Karlee jumped up on the couch and Sable sat patiently waiting for a treat.



Then she got tired of waiting!



Sable has been introduced to Madelyn but not much. She sniffed around her a little and Madelyn was just intrigued at something walking around on her level.




Sable started barking at Karlee while they were playing chase and I just happened to be taking a picture of Madelyn at the same time. This face really shows that Madelyn was wondering what in the world that loud noise was!

No comments: