Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

One Room Makeover = One Exhausted Mommy

Well, it's done!!!!! Karlee's new big girl room is complete and I am one happy mommy. I took yesterday off to wait on the furniture delivery and get things set up to surprise Karlee when she got home. The actual decorating wasn't too bad. Lifting the mattress to get the bed skirt on is a whole other story. I got reprimanded by my mom for lifting that heavy thing!





I should have taken before and after pictures of the closet. Let me just say it had become the catch all closet over the past 7 years! This is where my exhaustion set in. I made at least 100 trips up and down the stairs to take things out to the trash. It's now organized with two seasons of Karlee's clothes. It's much longer than her old closet so no more taking out one season, boxing it up, and pulling it back out for the next year. I've been lucky that Karlee gets two seasons out of most of her clothes since she is so tiny. Now, they will just move out of Karlee's closet to Madelyn's when Karlee outgrows them!

Karlee came home and I was eager to take her upstairs to unveil her new room. She walked in the room with a huge grin and said "ooooooooOOOOOO". She opened dresser drawers and hopped on the bed to check it out.

Everything was fine and dandy until it was actually time for bed. I have rocked Karlee before bed every single night since she was born (except for occasional bunko nights, sewing classes, and being out of town). Night time duty is my job. When I told Karlee we would be reading books before bed in her new bed, she had a melt down and ran to her old room. The rocking chair is still in that room. I told Chip when he got home yesterday that my only concern about the new room was the chair. I was wondering how Karlee would take it that her chair was being left in the nursery. She took it about like I expected!

So, we rocked and read two books in the chair. I asked her if she was ready for bed and she said yes. So, back to her room and in the bed she went. As I was tucking her in, she wanted to read the train book. So I grabbed it and hopped in bed with her. I'm hoping we can wean her off the chair so it can stay in the nursery.

After that, she was fine and all smiles. She was excited to sleep in her new bed. We didn't put the bed rails up last night to see if she was ready to sleep without them. I told Chip it wasn't a long fall if she rolls out! She's right above our room now so we would here her if she falls.



It broke my heart to wake Karlee up this morning. She was sleeping so soundly. The first night was a success and she slept right in the middle of the bed. I just hope the chair situation calms down. We have 15 weeks to make it work!!



Next up, convert bed back to crib and get nursery set up. I need a little rest so don't look for pictures of that any time soon!!!

3 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

looks very sweet!

The Mader's said...

You did such a great job with the room!

Anonymous said...

Damn I would love to lick all that watermelon juice off of her let my
Hungry tongue follow that juice down
Her chin chest and belly then gently
Slip inside her panties and now that juice is
Smelling and oh my gosh tasting a lot
Sweeter the closer I get to karlees hot little pussy she taste so amazing as I sort 4” of hungry wet tongue up in her now very wet virgin pussy