Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I've been busy....

with lots of little projects.





I've appliqued several holiday shirts for friends, made hooded towels, and took sewing classes to learn to construct garments. These are a few of my latest projects. The A-line jumper and pants with ruffle were made in class. I hope to have time this weekend to sit down and see if I can remember how to make them without guided instructions!!

Karlee woke up from her nap just before I was finished with one of the towels yesterday so she joined me in the playroom. I turned around to see why she was so quiet and here is where I found her.





She is such a joy to be around all the time. Her ever expanding vocabulary still amazes me. We went to Auburn Oyster Bar for dinner last week and she pointed to the sign and said "2 A's". I was totally floored by her putting all this together. Her gentle little voice is so sweet to hear. Books are by far her most favorite thing ever. We read 5 a night before bed and I can't skip pages because she knows and makes me go back! She knows what comes next in the book and starts telling me about it before we turn the page. She then points and says "see." Just like she is saying "I told you this was next." What a little stinker! I just love her so much and have no idea what my life would be like without her as a part of it. Thank you Lord for such an amazing child.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

All of that looks awesome! If you want any company while you are sewing this weekend-let me know! I could bring my machine over and the girls could play :)