Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

Bye Bye Crib

Yesterday was a sad but exciting day at the Baker house. We all said bye bye to the crib. I sat there watching Chip take apart the crib thinking back to November 2007 when it arrived at our house. I was so excited to see it being put together and just couldn't wait to have a baby sleep in it.

Time just seems to be moving at such a fast pace. Now, I have a 2 year old that is sleeping in a big girl bed. Tear. Tear. Karlee told her crib bye and gave it a kiss.



My mom came over to keep Karlee entertained while we tackled this project. Karlee came in her room from time to time just to see what was going on and help out a little. She kept wanting the put the screws back in that Chip had just taken out!!




When all was finished, it was nap time. After my mom left and I was doing our normal nap/night routine and rocking and reading, it took Karlee and hour to finally fall asleep. She was rolling from one end to the other and just chatty Kathy the entire time. I was sitting at the top of the steps watching her in the video monitor just in case she got too close to the bottom. I was also thinking, "my Lord, are we going to have this much trouble going to sleep from now on?"

After a 3 hour nap, she woke full of smiles. I gave her lots of praises for sleeping so well in hopes she would do it again for bedtime.




After bath and reading her books, she pointed to the bed and said "night night mommy." She was ready to go to sleep. I laid her down, she snugged up with all her animals, and went right to sleep for the entire night. Shew!! I was so glad. I can't wait to see how nap goes today though.

Side note: We have the convertible crib that goes from crib, to toddler bed, to full size bed. We just skipped the toddler bed phase because Chip didn't want to be converting again in just a few months. When we put the mattress on yesterday, I was shocked. The bed is extremely high. The top of the mattress is even with the changing table/dresser. So, if you have one of these beds, buy a very thin mattress and box spring!


No comments: