Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Can you say stinkin' rotten?

Well, when I got to Chip's parents to pick Karlee up after work last Wednesday (Chip slipped off to "practice" fish), this is what I found.




Apparently, this is what Karlee and her Granddaddy do most of the day. If she's not driving a tractor, she's either driving a dump truck or work truck, watching cows roam, throwing rocks in the pond, and just wondering over all the land behind the shop. The girls got it rough, let me tell ya!!

At my parent's house she gets to "play" the piano, and "play" pool Karlee style. She just walks on the pool table and drops the balls in the pockets. We spend most Saturdays with my parents so they can get their quality time with Karlee. Chip fishes just about every Saturday so my mom calls that automatic Granna time.





Speaking of fishing, the fish actually did what they are made to do and SWAM!! So, all the "practicing" didn't pay off Saturday for Chip. He just knew that they would be in the same spots they were in on Wednesday and Friday. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate and sent those fish a swimming from the shallow water. Oh well, there's always next time. He was just excited to be in his first big tournament. The next one is at West Point Lake on April 25. Karlee and I loaded up in the rain with my parents and went to watch the weigh in. The fishermen can't talk on the phone during the tournament so I couldn't call to find out how he did before we ventured out in the rain. I saw Jay Galimore first because his boat was in the first flight of boats to come in. Chip was in about the 3rd flight of boats. Jay warned me that Chip wasn't in the greatest of moods!! But, when he saw Karlee waving, his face lit up and all the frustration was behind him. We enjoyed a great dinner at Sinclair's afterwards and Karlee entertained some high school prom goers at the table next to us. I really don't know how the wives deal with a husband who is a professional fisherman. This every Saturday deal is getting a little old. (Hint, hint Chip!!)

3 comments:

John Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Smith said...

those pics are so cute. I came home last night to RL with her Daddy "working" in the yard. I think that is her favorite thing to do besides drive the truck or ride the 4 wheeler. The girl loves dirt!

Anonymous said...

hey cutie like to play with my balls