Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Nursery First


We decided to bite the bullet and put Karlee in the nursery at church yesterday. We have always just kept her in her car seat carrier because she's usually asleep when we arrive at church. These days she's much more active and alert and babbles at everything. She's never had a babysitter besides my mom or Chip's mom so I wasn't sure how she would do. I sat her on the floor to play with the other kids and the junior high girls that are in there to help the adult keeper. She started playing and babbling at them so I slipped out the door but continued to watch through the glass. They give you pagers in case of emergency. Mrs. Mary assured me that she would page me if I was needed.

We made it through a wonderful sermon with no page and I was eager to find out how Karlee did with the other kids because she's never played with others before. We got to the nursery to find Karlee asleep in the crib. Mrs. Mary said she was just perfect and had actually just gone to sleep after her bottle. Success!!

2 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Glad she did well in the nursery!!!! Also so glad yall are now going to AUMC!

The Reeds said...

Wow! I keep the nursery at church, and I wish there were more babies like Karlee:)
She is so cute sitting up!
Thanks for the suit advice. I am going to B'ham next weekend to do some major shopping!