Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tummy Trouble

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. Karlee had her first tummy ache at 2 weeks old. Last Wednesday night, Karlee screamed from 8:30 pm to 7:00 am Thursday morning. Her little tummy swelled up like a basketball and she didn't bathroom all night long. Chip and I didn't lay our heads on a pillow until about 3:00 am when my saving grace came over to help (my mom). She stayed from 3 :00 to 5:30 when she had to go to work. We met Dr. Greer at his office first thing Thursday morning. He is the sweetest, most kind-hearted man. He held Karlee for almost 30 minutes and massaged her tummy while I cried my eyes out thinking I had done something wrong when feeding her. He spent so much time with her and ran some tests to rule things out. She had gas build up and air in her colon. It took almost a week to get her potty time and sleep schedule back normal again, thanks to Mylicon drops and tummy rubs. She was feeding every thirty minutes all day and night long because she couldn't eat much at each sitting. She's now back to smiling and enjoying feeding again. Chip and I are starting to finally get some sleep again.

No comments: